We are living in some of the most exciting times for creative entrepreneurs. Visual artists are more empowered than ever before to capture the world around us - to share it and ultimately, to sell it. That's why we've created a comprehensive platform that gives visual artists access to the tools they need so that making a name for themself - and making a living - is easier than ever before.
Welcome to and
We are working together to help photographers showcase, market and sell their work online. Together, our product suite includes a website portfolio builder, an online store, client management tools and more. With 100+ team members spread across North America, and tens of thousands of customers in over 190 countries, we build solutions that cater to the diverse needs of photographers around the globe.
We are looking for a driven and enthusiastic new team member to help implement and accelerate our SEO strategy.
As (Senior) SEO Specialist, you will work with the Head of Acquisition and SEO strategy consultant to generate ideas, outline projects, execute plans and monitor SEO performance. You are keen on learning, collaborating across marketing channels and are energized by solving problems that make an impact. This role also offers an exciting opportunity to grow within SEO at Format.
The ideal candidate is very skilled at spreadsheets and has a very good foundation in the many factors that affect SEO and performance. We are an enthusiastic team that generates results while having fun. If you are looking for a role that offers work-life balance where you can grow and succeed with fun coworkers, this is the place for you!
WHERE YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT:
● Content SEO: You know how to leverage content for SEO. You stay up-to-date on SEO best practices and algorithm releases. Importantly, you have proven experience deploying a successful cluster strategy. For this, you are familiar with tools like GSC, SurferSEO, Screamingfrom, Ahrefs, MOZ, SEMRush, etc. - or you are able to onboard and adopt new tools easily. Importantly, Format's content strategy is very data-driven. It is underpinned by a complete understanding of our keyword landscape, which is generated through advanced spreadsheet analyses and methodologies that we have built over time. Therefore, strong skills in Google Spreadsheets are required - from mastering simple IF formulas to more complex FILTER and QUERY functions. It's okay not to master everything in spreadsheets, as long as you have strong foundational skills and enjoy finding solutions to solve problems.
● Management collaboration: You work hand-in-hand with the Head of Acquisition (and an SEO strategy consultant) to meet SEO objectives and contribute to the overall marketing and company goals. In other words, you have the opportunity to take on as much as you have the ambition for. For instance, you collaborate to:
○ Formulate ideas for SEO
○ Populate a backlog of projects ideas
○ Assess and prioritize projects
○ Assess the impact of these projects
● Execution. You lead the execution of SEO projects, ensure quality and report on progress.
○ Perform keyword research
○ Write project briefs
○ Suggest layouts and inspirations that designers can use to produce wireframes for projects that require new developments
○ Oversee the production and implementation of these projects with designers developers and the content team
○ QA and validate the work produced by developer, designers and copywriters to make sure it aligns with requirements
○ Assess the impact of these projects using tools like Stat or Moz
○ Communicate and report on the state of your projects and roadmap to the rest of the team. For this, you have good project and time management skills. You are able to prioritize and organize your workload with tools like Asana or Notion according to your goals.
● Link building: Your responsibility is to monitor the activities and performance of external contractors who perform outreach for link building - e.g. guest writing, link swaps, etc. If you have the appetite, you can even grow to oversee and optimize efforts in this space.
WHAT WE WOULD LIKE TO SEE IN OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
● 2 years of experience in SEO or a similar function
● Spreadsheet aficionado. You are excellent with Google Sheets (or Excel) and handling lots of keyword and ranking data. It's about managing thousands of keywords in order to ensure consistent deployment and tracking.
● Tools. Proficient or certified with Google Analytics and proficiency with some of the tools listed above is a must.
● Analytical. Equipped with a critical and data-driven mindset, you are rigorous and like to analyze, hypothesize and validate.
● Collaborative. You are able to work with other teams and external parties to execute your backlog, such as the Content, Design and Development teams.
● Autonomous. The ideal candidate revels in operating with minimal supervision, although your manager will always be there to support you when needed.
Impact- and revenue-driven. You are able to look beyond generating SEO traffic in order to focus on generating revenue. The ideal candidate understands that increasing organic traffic does not always equal generating qualified traffic, conversions and revenue.
Why you should work with us
We are two companies that are built on the values we believe in-impact, trust, care, and simplicity. We move fast, solve important problems and continuously aim to do, and be, better. At Format and Zenfolio, the work of every team member matters-whether it's for our members, company, team, or culture-we all strive to make an impact with ideas that are better, smarter, and more team members make important decisions every day that have direct and tangible impacts on our users.
As a growing team (100+), distributed globally we are open to applicants from anywhere within North America. We care deeply about fostering a company that our team is extremely proud to work for-a healthy organizational culture, competitive salaries, flexible work arrangements, great health benefits and other financial perks.
We have an amazing team that will be eager to help you succeed in your role and grow in your career.
What to Expect:
If this sounds like the right place for you, then get in touch! We can't wait to meet you.
Your resume will be reviewed by a human within 1 week. Selected applicants will be invited for a phone screening with someone from our team. On the phone screen, we will share more detailed information about this specific role.
Format and Zenfolio are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to building a work environment that is both diverse and inclusive. All qualified applicants are highly encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, ethnicity, creed, disability, or age. We are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.